We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
– we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
– we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
– we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
1. Personal Data we collect via our website www.josephkiel.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to us – We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
- When you sign-up to receive free content, including eBooks, videos and offers.
Types of Personal Data Collected:
- Email address • First name • Last name.
- When you purchase a book directly from us.
Types of Personal Data Collected:
- Name • Email address • Phone number • Any Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box of the form • Payment method choice (payment details are held by our payment processor, not us).
- When you complete the media enquiries form.
Types of Personal Data Collected:
- Name • Email address • Phone number • Any Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box of the form.
Data that we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet Service Provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
– process and manage your use of our website;
– respond to your questions, comments and requests;
– where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
– improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email [firstname.lastname@example.org] or via our postal address:
– see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
– ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
– ask us to delete your Personal Data;
– object to the processing of your Personal Data;
– ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
– withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
– express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
9. Our mailing list
We use a third party provider, MailerLite, to deliver our newsletter. We use MailerLite software to help gather statistics on opening rates and clicks on links which help us monitor and improve our communications. You can unsubscribe at any time from newsletters by clicking the unsubscribe link on each e-newsletter.
10. Contact forms
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information about individuals who visit and use our website:
Information you supply to us. You may supply us with information about you by filling in contact forms on our website. This includes information you provide when you submit a contact/enquiry form. The information you give us may include your name and e-mail address.
- For statistical analysis we collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form that does not identify a visitor, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure visitors are finding what they need easily.
- We embed videos from YouTube or Vimeo. You cannot be personally identified from this and it is for playbacks of embedded videos only.
12. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When someone visits our website, we use Google Analytics to collect statistical data and details of visitor patterns which tell us which parts of our website visitors use most often. None of this information uses, or requires the use, of personal information and is processed in a way that does not identify individuals. We do not make any attempts to find out the identities of individuals visiting our website.
15. Contact Us
Email for Privacy Questions / General enquiries: email@example.com